Squarespace provides website building, hosting, domains, e-commerce, point of sale, content memberships, galleries, templates, marketing tools, and scheduling tools. It also offers integrations and extensions with third-party apps. Squarespace is popular with small businesses, photographers, and bloggers, among others. Squarespace Experts is a directory of freelancers and agencies offering website design services. Using templates, layouts, fonts, texts, filters, and layouts, Unfold lets users create Instagram stories.
Members of Squarespace Circle get access to tools, education, community, and perks that can help them grow their web design businesses. If you have created or added content to three or more active Squarespace websites, you may become a member of the Circle. To improve online booking and appointment management, Squarespace acquired Acuity Scheduling in 2019.
Company Profile of Squarespace
|Registration||Required; subscription needed for certain features
|Headquarters||New York City, New York|
|Traded as||NYSE: SQSP|
|Launched||January 2004; 18 years ago|
Plans & Pricing of Squarespace
There are no setup fees for Squarespace’s monthly and annual plans. You can sign up for a 14-day free trial without providing any credit card information. Available plans:
Squarespace Affiliate Program
Affiliate programs are available through Squarespace. They are hosted by Impact, a top affiliate network. Here is a look at the advantages and drawbacks, the commission rate, cookie duration, and the program details. Let’s take a look.
At a glance Squarespace Affiliate Program
Earn up to $200 commission.
- If customer status is new, $100.00 per order
- When a customer is new and their plan type is commerce, $200.00 per order applies
- Duration of cookie: 45 days
- They will provide you with custom links and banners you can post on your website
- All applications are welcome, however, they reserve the right to refuse membership or revoke membership at their discretion at any time
- Participation is completely free
- If Impact, their third-party affiliate platform, supports the country of your residence, then they accept affiliates from anywhere in the world
- Action Locking: Actions are locked 2 months and 20 days after end of the month they are tracked
- Payment Scheduling: Approved transactions are paid 30 days after the end of the day they are invoiced
- Credit Policy: Winner of Trial Signup then cascades to First Click
Squarespace Affiliate Program Benefits
There are great commissions to be earned by affiliates.
- For every paid subscription, Squarespace pays $100 to $200. However, it does not pay for domain purchases or trial registrations.
- Affiliates are given a cookie that lasts 45 days. The cookie/conversion windows of some programs are too short. This is one of my biggest complaints. Squarespace’s 45-day referral period surpasses the industry standard of 30 days, but 60 to 90 days would be more advantageous.
- The commission payment threshold is low. Impact issues payments when earnings exceed 10 USD or the local equivalent. Affiliates receive payments to their bank and PayPal accounts.
- A deep link is available, which allows an affiliate to link to a specific page on a merchant’s site. If you want to increase the relevance and conversion rate of your content, consider linking to an article or product relevant to your content instead of your website’s homepage affiliate link.
- An affiliate marketing team works full-time for the company. The merchant’s staff supporting publishers speeds up processes and demonstrates commitment.
- For more information, reach out to Impact through Squarespace.
- There is no doubt that Impact’s affiliate software is the best. Impact’s tracking solutions are reliable and excellent.
- Further, the user interface and activity reports are simple to use. Squarespace is a well-known company. Squarespace is a popular alternative to WordPress that offers easy website building and software.
- It’s easy to boost conversions by sending traffic to a merchant’s customers’ trust. Affiliates can be confident they’re sending customers to a merchant they can trust.
Squarespace Affiliate Program Drawbacks
- Affiliate landing pages need to be improved. It’s a mistake for Squarespace to design affiliate landing pages that aren’t informative.
- There is no concrete information about their program and they don’t mention standard details, such as commission rates, cookie durations, or payment methods.
- The absence of a proper FAQ leaves aspiring marketers in the dark about Squarespace’s marketing program.
- A Squarespace affiliate is featured on the landing page, and it is not you. There is a glowing testimonial from a marketer about the program.
- Although that’s good for that individual and his wallet, what it does for others is nothing.
- Marketers who are more sophisticated would include multiple testimonials from a variety of individuals to connect with more people. SP does not realize this, which is appalling and yet not all that surprising.
- The affiliate acceptance rate for Squarespace is low. The chances of being accepted into Squarespace’s affiliate program are less than 15 percent despite anyone applying.
- It seems strange that my content is related to blogging, online business, marketing, and eCommerce, but I have applied a couple of times without success. There is no doubt that the manager of the program does not realize that affiliate marketing is mostly a game of addition, that is, growing partnerships to generate clicks and sales.
- Subscriptions are the only items that Squarespace offers for commission. On the other hand, WordPress.org offers many related products and services that are commissionable, including themes, plugins, hosting, and WordPress support.
- My best conversion rates have been with Thrive Themes, SiteGround, Bluehost, Fiverr (WordPress freelancers), and other WordPress merchants.
- Squarespace is not a leader; it is a laggard. In terms of website traffic and popularity, Squarespace ranks behind WordPress, Weebly, Wix, and GoDaddy (source: Alexa).
- Shopify is far behind it when it comes to eCommerce store software. There’s less chance of making money with back-of-the-pack companies such as Squarespace than with the top and second-ranked companies.
- The majority of customer reviews are negative, which adversely affects conversion rates. Trustpilot rates Squarespace as “poor”.
- The most common reasons for poor and bad reviews are inadequate customer service and technical problems.
How To Making Money Through Squarespace Affiliate Program
How much money can you make as a Squarespace affiliate every month? It is unlikely that you will earn that amount or significantly more. Squarespace offers high commission rates and an attractive cookie duration of 45 days. Also, Impact offers a competitive affiliate network.
However, the program’s acceptance rate is low, which indicates a lack of interest in scaling and partnering. A small product lineup also limits Squarespace’s promotional opportunities and earnings potential.
How should Squarespace fit into your marketing strategy? Squarespace shouldn’t be a low priority.
There is too much competition in the website software industry. As a result, Squarespace may struggle to compete with more prominent players.
I do not recommend joining Squarespace’s affiliate program since it has low earnings potential and there are much better affiliate programs available for website software, for example, Shopify and Weebly.
How to Apply for The Squarespace Affiliate Program?
The Squarespace Affiliate Program is a great way to make money off of your blog. It’s also a great way to get some exposure, as well as a promotion for your blog.
To apply for the affiliate program, you’ll need to complete the signup process
Step1: First of all, go to this link https://www.squarespace.com/affiliate
Step2: Submit an application form
After that, you will be sent a welcome email with information on how to start promoting products on your site.
Once you have received the welcome email, you can start promoting products on your site by simply adding them to your store and linking them with relevant content.
The Squarespace affiliate program is open to all bloggers and creators who want to make money from their blog or website.
Conclusion: If you want to join this affiliate program, I won’t recommend you because of its slow earnings. But if you want sustainable earnings, Squarespace Affiliate Program is the right choice.